8.13.2007

My 1st Hike!

Wooooo!

How is every-pup?? Good I hope. My weekend was sooooo much fun! Brother, Sister, Mom, "auntie" Jenessa and I all went HIKING!!! It was my *FIRST* hike!! I had sooo much fun and mom says I was really good. Sister unfortunately had to stay in the car while we hiked because as soon as she got out of the car she was freaking out about all the bugs. Why you ask? Because last time they went hiking she got stung by a bunch of bees and ever since has been paranoid about bugs landing on her. :/ Mom says shes going to buy her a coat and BUG SPRAY for next time!!!

We went up to Verlot in the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, on the Mtn. Loop Hwy (their usual hiking spot) and decided to go on the Lake 22 trail. It was ranked "more difficult" but wasnt too long- about 5.5 mi round trip. I was reeally tired on the way back down, but as long as Brother was in the lead I made myself keep up! Mom says Im too little to carry a pack now (phew!) so Brother got that task. I hope I can earn my Working Pack Dog title after I turn a year old!

Here are a few of the best shots of me. Mom didnt bring her big fancy camera cause its heavy and the battery was dead so we just used auntie J's.

here we are at the start
here I am at the end when mom let us off leash for a quick romp in the open. I swam in the lake a few times too!
checking out the wilderness
For more photos check out my flickr page HERE.

*Royal*

P.S.- A BIG thank-woo for all the nice comments on my videos! And on our doggy park. Mom says we are very lucky to have so many dog parks in the area (Seattle alone has over 10 I think and there are even more in the area around western WA). The park mom took the videos at is called Marymoor, its in Redmond (the home of microsoft). And its HUGE! The off leash dog park alone is 40 acres. I think the entire park must be hundreds of acres total. Id love to explore it all some day...

2 comments:

Amici said...

Very neat looking hike. 5.5 miles is quite the "beginner" hike. :) I guess some of our mts here in Maine our dinky as a few are just 3 miles or so. Beatiful pics. That lake sure does look inviting. :)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

You look so handsome in your bandana!! And the hike looks really fun.

Kat