WOO to all!
Mamma has been training with me everyday now, it is hard work but she says she is so proud of me. We are working sometimes 2-3 times a day, each time on something different. Right now she is teaching me to ring a bell at the door, it is pretty easy so sometimes I get bored and lay down, but last night she changed it a bit. Now when I ring it, she opens the door! This is much more exciting.
We also practice heeling almost every day and she said I did so good yesterday. We walked down a boring street for 20-30 ft with no treats! This was hard for me, but mamma talked to me and told me I was a good boy the whole time so I just watched her while waiting for my treat! We also work on stay, which is a bit harder but mamma says Im doing really good for my age because Im such a chill guy.
Im really excited about being a therapy dog, mamma has been telling me all about it, and while I know a lot will be expected of me, it sounds like a lot of fun! I guess thats why we have to practice every day. We have 5 months before I can even take the test. But mom said we might take a class in November, thats only 3 months away!
I have also been coming inside moms work a lot this week. Normally I stay in the car while mom works, but because its too hot outside shes been bringing me inside. She said she is very proud of how well behaved I am inside too. I pretty much just sleep- thats what I do in the car anyway! When I was younger I would bark and cry when she left me in the room (even though I didnt bark and cry at home when she left the room), so she is happy that I stopped doing that. Hey if thats what it takes for me to get to come inside I can do it!
Yesterday Brother, Sister, me, Mamma & auntie Jenessa all went to a new place! Mom said its called "Foster Island". We took a long walk down a muddy trail in the woods, and then we arrived at this open field surrounded by water. Mamma then took me & Brother off leash (Alki was already off leash) and we all played in the water together! I swam way out after Brother & Sister while they fetched their toys. It was sooooo fun!!! Mamma said we all did very well too. Brother & I dont get to go off leash very often, something about not listening or something, I dunno, but mamma said this was okay since there are no roads near by.
Well its lunchtime now, which means training time so I better go!!!
*Royal*
2 comments:
It sounds like you're doing really good on your training for therapy. I bet all of the people you visit will LOVE you!
Kat
So nice to meet you, Royal. I've always had a great respect for you Huskies. Strong, yet gentle...my kind of pup. Glad you stopped by my blog. May I add you as a friend? Hmmmmmm??
MMOB
Post a Comment