4.27.2010

today

its rainy and cloudy today, which means, perfect weather for running around outside! took Alki out this am for some fetch while it was dry but cloudy and breezy. definitely makes a big difference. she is still getting tired after 10 mins but today she was able/wanting to keep going for a good, Id say, 30 mins. when she started needing breaks we switched it up to playing "find it" with her ball for about 15 mins. then I put the ball away and tossed some dry treats around the yard for her to sniff out for almost 10 mins. I timed it this time, total outing was one hour.

I also tried playing some frisbee with Brock but he wasnt into it. got him to catch a few in the air that I tossed right to him so I was able to reward some interaction at least, but he wouldnt go after it, or pick it up off the ground. (this was with the ruff wear frisbee. our chuckit flying squirrel and hyperflight soflite discs are in the car so I dont know if maybe he just didnt want to play with the heavy ruff wear disc right then or what. he seems pretty sleepy today too.)

LOTS of pictures from this weekend to come SOON! (from the husky meet up and disc dog competition!)

ETA: just played with Royal out back some with the flirt pole. he had a blast! played some good tug too (something he RARELY does--if I take possession of something he immediately drops it, been slowly building up the tug behavior for 2 yrs) and he tore the tail off the toy and buried it. XD

2 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Sounds live progress and a productive day! Good for you and the dogs!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I khan't wait to see pikhs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra